Refunds and Returns Policy
Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under Australian & New Zealand Consumer Law because we want you to be happy with your purchase. Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under this policy and our obligations to you.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods. Claims for compensation or reasonable expenses incurred in returning your purchase should be addressed to our Customer Service team here and need to be accompanied with supporting evidence.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under New Zealand and Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Change of mind returns:
If you wish to return an item because you have changed your mind about your purchase, UES will offer you an exchange or refund provided that:
- You return the item within 14 days of purchase;
- You produce your original UES register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase at the time you return the item;
The item must not have been used or damaged in any way including that
- It is in its original packaging, including instruction manuals and all accessories;
- It is unworn, unopened, unused and in its original condition
- The product is not one on which a change of mind return is not available (see below).
If these requirements are not satisfied, UES Hardware reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind returns.
Goods on which a 'change of mind' return is not available:
UES Hardware will not accept the return of items from the following categories under the change of mind returns policy under any circumstances:
- Cut lengths of rubber, foam, EPDM, PVC or any other item that needs to be ‘cut to length’
- Clearance and end of line items
- Gas Struts
UES Hardware will accept product returns and provide you with an exchange, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your UES NZ register receipt, online tax invoice or other adequate proof of purchase.
UES Hardware NZ may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. UES Hardware NZ reserves the right not to offer an exchange, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Contact here for any questions related to refunds and returns.
UES Hardware reserves the right to assess the condition and age of returned goods prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund.
This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused.
Your original UES Hardware register receipt or online tax invoice are the best form of proof of purchase. Refunds will be issued using your original payment method at your nearest UES Hardware branch in New Zealand or Australia.
If you live a long way from your nearest UES Hardware store, we recommend contacting us for assistance prior to travelling to a UES Hardware branch to return your item.